A delicious Greek Fava RecipeMaria Adamopoulou
- 500g yellow split peas
- 2 red onions
- A leaf of Laurel
- 1 spring onion
- 1 lt water
- Euzoea White Vinegar as needed
- 2 tablespoons of Euzoea extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat the water in a pot and once it boils add the split peas, a whole red onion and the leaf of laurel. When a white foam appears on the water remove it with a spoon.
- Let it simmer until the water disappears and the peas begin having a mushier texture. When done remove the pot from the stove and let the peas absorb the rest of the water left (which should not be much). Then press down with a spoon or fork or use a food processor to give it a creamier texture.
- Place the split beans puree in a big bowl and add salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Then begin mixing the ingredients with a big spoon so that the olive oil and the vinegar will get a fine mix. Mind you that Vinegar should be used depending on strong you want the taste to be. For this, you should be cautious when using it. (We love our split beans puree with an extra touch of Euzoea Vinegar!!)
- Finish off serving this lovely and mouthwatering dish by adding a few bits of the red onion, bits of the spring onion, along with some chopped parsley and an extra touch of capers.
- Then add a drop of olive oil on top and you are good to go!
If you find this recipe interesting you are welcome to try it out and even share your pictures with us. Do you happen to have variations of this recipe? You can go ahead and let us know.