Tasty fried feta cheese with honey wrapped in phyllo pastry!Maria Adamopoulou
Check out this amazing and easy-to-make fried feta with honey! it will only take up about 15 minutes of your time and it makes up for a great starter or a delicious light meal if you accompany it with a green salad.
- 250g feta cheese
- sesame seeds
- Euzoea Extra virgin olive oil
- Euzoea Honey
- 5 sheets of phyllo dough at room temperature (Useful Tip: leave them in your refrigerator overnight)
- Start by getting the first phyllo dough sheet open and brush it with some EUZOEA extra virgin olive oil. Then place the second sheet of dough on top of the first and brush that one too with some extra virgin olive oil. Do the same with the remaining dough.
- Then cut the feta cheese in a rectangular block of about 1.5 cm thick and place it at the bottom of the phyllo dough. Bring the two sides of the dough to the middle so that the feta is enveloped on both sides with the dough. Again, brush some Olive oil on the two dough sides.
- Then fold the part of the phyllo at the bottom of the feta cheese and start moving upwards by turning the wrapped feta cheese and folding the phyllo all around it. Once you have the feta cheese in a parcel shaped phyllo wrap, brush the dough sides with olive oil once again.
- Place a non-stick pan over the fire and add some olive oil. Let it heat and then place the phyllo-wrapped feta cheese in it. Allow it to fry on both sides until it turns golden.
- Once it is ready, remove it from the pan and place it on a paper towel so that the excess olive oil will be absorbed and thus your appetizer will get tastier.
- Before serving it add a generous amount of EUZOEA Honey on it and some sesame seeds too.
And there you go! You have yourself a finger-licking, delicious and highly nutritious, traditional appetizer!