Greek Eggs and tomato scramble (Strapatsada)Maria Adamopoulou
This Eggs and tomato scramble recipe is traditional, easy-to-make and delicious.
- 4 Eggs
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- a pinch of sugar (optional)
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- some Euzoea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese (optional for serving)
- Clean the tomatoes, remove the skin, chop finely and add to a pan. Add some salt and some sugar if the tomatoes are not too ripe. Stir the tomato sauce for a few minutes until most of the water vapours. Tip: The perfection of the recipe lies in the ripeness of the tomatoes and how well they are boiled before the eggs are added. So let the mixture boil well.
- Add two tablespoons of Euzoea Olive Oil and keep stirring until the mixture thickens
- Add all the eggs in a bowl and whisk well. Again add some salt.
- Pour the eggs in the pan and mix well
- Stir the eggs around in the pan as they cook to make scrambled eggs
- Once it is done, remove the pan from the heat and place in a dish. Before serving add some feta cheese crumbles to it and some pepper too.
You can enjoy this Eggs and Tomato scramble for breakfast, as a snack or as a perfect summer meal along with a greek salad and some traditional bread.